Frequently Asked Questions



Where can I get tested?

A list of testing sites can be found here. We advise that you call ahead.

I’m out of work. What do I do?

The governor has made modifications to unemployment benefits that can be found on

This is hurting my small business. What do I do?

For information about small business disaster relief including loans resources visit

What about JMCSS schools, prom, graduation, etc?

You can contact Superintendent Ray Washington with questions. His phone number is 731.506.3499 and his email address is Governor Bill Lee did announce that schools will remain closed through April 24.

Are city parks closed?


Why are factories open?

They are considered essential per the governor’s orders.

Why are daycares open?

They are considered essential.

I need help with food and shelter.

Please visit the assistance page for resources.

What are the guidelines in funerals?

All Funerals, Celebrations of Life, Cremation Services, and Memorial Services shall only be attended by close family or less than 10 people per venue in accordance with Governor Lee’s Executive Orders.

When will the courts open back up?

The city does not control the courts.

How will the federal stimulus package benefit me as an individual?

Tax filers with adjusted gross income up to $75,000 for individuals and up to $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns will receive the full payment. For filers with income above those amounts, the payment amount is reduced by $5 for each $100 above the $75,000/$150,000 thresholds. Single filers with income exceeding $99,000 and $198,000 for joint filers with no children are not eligible. More info and frequently asked questions can be found on

Eligible taxpayers who filed tax returns for either 2019 or 2018 will automatically receive an economic impact payment of up to $1,200 for individuals or $2,400 for married couples. Parents also receive $500 for each qualifying child.

How will this be enforced?

Police and codes are authorized to enforce the issues. Violations are a misdemeanor and subject to a $2,500 fine.

I have specific questions about my business.

Call the mayor’s office at (731) 425-8240.

I need to report a business not complying

Call codes enforcement at (731) 425-8262.

Translate »